Personal Data that you provide to us via our website www.alknorrbooks.com (the “Website”)
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
1. Automatically Collected Data We automatically gather analytics data including:
- We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website. When you sign up to receive update emails, free content, news and or offers, we collect your email address and may collect your first and last names (if provided) as well. That personal data will be stored by our email list provider partner, currently Mailerlite. Mailerlite is GDPR compliant. In Mailerlite we only store your email address and when provided, your name.
- The website stores any information you provide when leaving comments on pages or blog posts.
- We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers like Google, and advertising networks such as Facebook, and search information providers such as Google.
- We may use your Personal Data and other collected data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
This information is only used to help IPP make the website more useful to readers and the general public. With this data, we learn about the number of visitors to the Website, the information, and materials that visitors are most interested in, and the types of technology visitors use.
- the Internet domain from which you access the Website;
- The IP address from which you access the Website;
- The type of browser used to access the Website;
- The operating system used to access the Website;
- The date and time you access the Website;
- The URLs of the pages you visit;
- Your username (if any) you used to log into the Website; and
- If you visited the Website from a third-party site, the URL of that third-party site.
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- Use of your Personal Data
- process and manage your use of our website;
- respond to your questions, comments, and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive updates or marketing information from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences or may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below: We may share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf. We have provided links to their Privacy Policies below.
- Sharing of your Personal Data
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
- Keeping your Personal Data secure
Your Personal Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and you can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
- Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our products are aimed at those over 15, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. If you are aware that a child under the age of 15 has provided personal information without such consent, please contact us using the contact information below so that we can delete such information.
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us through the information provided in the Contact Details section below.
- Access to and control over your Personal Data
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Our full details are: Full name of the legal entity: Intellectually Promiscuous Press Email address: [email protected] Postal Address: Box 534 Luseland, SK Canada S0L 2A0 Updated Sept 25, 2018
- Contact Details
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
- This site has the Cookie Consent plugin which means you will see an information bar about cookies.